Polynesian Grilled Pineapple and Chicken
The simple sweet-n-sour sauce is rounded off with flavorful boneless chicken thighs, pineapple and onions.
- 1/4 pineapple Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds free range boneless chicken thighs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped into 1 1/2-inch squares Add to list
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped into 1 1/2-inch squares Add to list
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped into 1 1/2-inch squares Add to list
- 1/2 bottle San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce Add to list
Preheat grill to 375˚F. Trim rough skin from pineapple, remove core and slice into 1/2-inch rings. Grill rings on both sides until marked, about 2 per side. Leave the grill on, and set aside to cool. Chop into 1 1/2-inch squares when cooled.
Season chicken thigh meat with salt and pepper and grill or roast over medium heat. For best results, cook until only half done, 10 to 15 minutes. This will make it easier to dice while still leaving it moist. Let rest for a few minutes and then dice into 3/4-inch pieces.
Add oil to large pan or wide, shallow pot. Over medium heat, cook ginger, onions and peppers for 2 to 3 minutes, leaving the vegetables fairly crisp.
Add pineapple and chicken and continue to cook until chicken is fully cooked and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165˚F.
Add Sweet & Tangy Sauce and bring to a low simmer until heated through.
Serve with your favorite rice.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!