Pla Sam Rod (Pan-fried White Fish with Three-flavors Sauce
- 6 fillets of any firm, white fish Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3 tablespoons high-heat canola oil Add to list
- 2 hot Thai chiles, minced Add to list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 cup seeded and diced bell pepper Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1 medium yellow onion) Add to list
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce or sweet chili sauce Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or more as needed Add to list
- 1/2 cup water, fish stock or chicken broth Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
Rub fish with salt. Heat canola oil in a frying pan until hot. Pan-fry fish for 5 minutes or until firm. Remove and place on a warm serving platter.
Remove any crumbs from the pan and, over medium-high heat, add and cook Thai chiles, garlic, diced peppers and onion until fragrant, and onion is translucent.
Stir in tomatoes, pepper or chile sauce, sugar, lime juice and fish sauce; let cook for 1 minute. Add water or broth when it comes to a boil, stir in half of cilantro and remove from heat.
Pour sauce over the fish and garnish with remainder of cilantro.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »