Pineapple Coconut Scones
- 3 cups whole spelt flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes Add to list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 cup Sucanat Add to list
- 1/2 cup oil Add to list
- 1 cup pineapple chunks Add to list
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla Add to list
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut flakes and set aside.
Combine Sucanat, pineapple chunks and juice, vanilla and oil. Slowly combine the wet to dry mixture making sure not to over knead the dough.
Flatten the dough into one-inch circle and transfer to a greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper). Cut dough into 12 wedges. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
Source: Sound Consumer January 2001
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »