Phad Prik King (Curried Stir-fried Vegetables with Basil)
Prep time: 10 minutes (Cooking time: 5 minutes)
This is the way Thais use curry in stir-frying — a perfect way to fix a quick vegetable main dish. If this dish is too hot, add a few tablespoons of coconut milk to bring the heat down. Any type of meat will go well with this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste Add to list
- 2 teaspoons roasted red chili paste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce Add to list
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths (or any seasonal vegetable such as eggplant) Add to list
- 2 jalapeño peppers or any fresh pepper, sliced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ginger, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or coconut milk Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup Thai basil, lemon basil or any type of basil Add to list
- Steamed jasmine rice, for serving (optional) Add to list
In a frying pan, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry red curry paste and roasted red chili paste until fragrant. Stir in fish sauce, green beans or other vegetables, peppers and ginger; cook for 1 more minute. Add chicken broth or coconut milk, sugar and basil; cook until it comes to a boil.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
Each serving: 133 cal, 8.9g fat (1.9g sat), 0mg chol, 441mg sodium, 12.2g carb, 4.3g fiber, 2.7g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »