PCC Perfect Protein Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 cup spelt berries Add to list
- 3 cups filtered water Add to list
- 1 25-ounce can garbanzo beans Add to list
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced Add to list
- 1 organic green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced Add to list
- 3 stalks (about 1/3 pound) celery, diced Add to list
- 1 organic carrot, diced (about 1 cup) Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, diced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onion, diagonally sliced Add to list
- 1/3 bunch parsley, chopped Add to list
Boil spelt berries in the water until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and cool.
In a salad, bowl mix together the cooked spelt, garbanzo beans, diced cucumber, green pepper, celery, carrots, red onion, green onion and chopped parsley.
Mix together the dressing and pour over the salad, mixing well.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!