Penne al Balsamico
- 1 pound penne pasta Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/3 cup pine nuts Add to list
- 3 large cloves of garlic, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup basil chiffonade Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1 28-ounce can peeled, crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese Add to list
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add sliced garlic, pine nuts, basil and red crushed pepper. Sauté until pine nuts are toasted.
Add balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan and cook until mixture is reduced by half. Add the crushed tomatoes, bring to boil and cook for five minutes.
Toss with al dente penne; then add 1/2 cup grated Romano.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »