Pecan Honey Cake
Yield: 1 loaf
- Butter and flour, for the pan Add to list
- 1 cup honey Add to list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce Add to list
- 3 eggs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- Pinch of ground nutmeg Add to list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, divided Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan.
Combine honey and applesauce in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; whisk until well combined.
In a separate bowl, sift together flours, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into honey mixture. Chop half the pecans and fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan and top with remaining pecan halves.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Each serving: 200 cal, 4.5g fat (0.5g sat), 55mg chol, 65mg sodium, 37g carb, 2g fiber, 4g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »