Pear, Blue Cheese and Toasted Pecan Salad
Sweet pears, creamy blue cheese and crunchy pecans are tossed with baby greens. This salad makes a great lunch or first course for dinner.
- 1/2 cup pecan halves Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salted butter, melted Add to list
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon honey Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory (optional) Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens Add to list
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese Add to list
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Toss the pecans and butter in a small bowl to evenly coat. Spread pecans in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until aromatic, 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool.
Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, basil, thyme and savory; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine greens and pears. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese and toasted pecans.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »