Peanut, Carrot and Cabbage Slaw
Coleslaw is a classic, but slaw doesn’t always have to involve mayonnaise. Try this twist on a picnic favorite with a bright and light rice vinegar and lime dressing.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari, plus additional to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds Add to list
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and shredded Add to list
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded Add to list
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, lime juice, tamari, ginger and honey. Slowly whisk in the oils to create an emulsified dressing. Stir in sesame seeds and season to taste with additional tamari, if desired.
Combine cabbage, carrots, radishes, peanuts, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Recipe by, PCC Chef