Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 dozen
These soft and chewy cookies are naturally sweetened with honey, plus they’re dairy- and gluten-free!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter Add to list
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, coconut oil and honey until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together oat flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chopped peanuts, if using.
Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Gently press with a fork crosswise.
Bake until edges just start to brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To prepare your own oat flour, grind 1 3/4 cups rolled oats in a food processor. Do not use quick-cook oats, as these absorb too much liquid and might produce a gummy cookie.
Each cookie: 130 cal, 7g fat (2g sat), 10mg chol, 130mg sodium, 13g carb, 1g fiber, 8g sugars, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef