Peachy Keen Smoothie
- 6 oz Mango-Peach Juice (or substitute apple juice) Add to list
- 1 medium banana, frozen and cut into chunks Add to list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) nonfat vanilla yogurt Add to list
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 6 ice cubes Add to list
- Optional: 8 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder, 3 tablespoons of flax oil, or 2 to 4 tablespoons of powdered "greens" such as spirulina or a greens blend Add to list
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend or puree on appropriate setting until smooth and creamy.
Smoothies are an easy way to get some of your daily fruit servings and are a great base for adding nutrient-dense foods like protein powders, flax oil and powdered greens to your daily diet. These easy-to-blend smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast, light lunch or summer treat. Enjoy!