Peach or Nectarine Crisp
This crisp is naturally gluten-free and a fun way to get kids in the kitchen. It’s a great dessert and the leftovers make a fantastic breakfast treat!
- 2 pounds ripe peaches or nectarines, cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice Add to list
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch Add to list
- 1/2 cup almond flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking) Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces Add to list
- Vanilla yogurt, for serving (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine the peaches or nectarines, 1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a 9-inch shallow round baking dish or pie plate.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats and salt. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle the oat topping over the fruit mixture. Place the dish or pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Top each serving with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
Each serving: 300 cal, 17g fat (8g sat), 30mg chol, 105mg sodium, 35g carb, 4g fiber, 23g sugars, 5g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »