Peach and Praline Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
Serves: 8 to 12
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten Add to list
- 2 cups milk or half-and-half Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 4 to 5 cups bread cubes (about 3/4 to 1 inch) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped brittle, toffee or praline Add to list
- 1 cup diced peaches (you may use frozen, thawed peaches) Add to list
- Bourbon Sauce Add to list
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs with the milk or half-and-half, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, bread cubes, brittle and diced peaches. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F. Butter a medium casserole dish and pour the bread mixture into it. Bake the pudding for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until set in the center. Serve the Bourbon Sauce on the side.
If you like, you may bake the pudding in a well-buttered mold and turn it out onto a decorative serving plate. Sprinkle it liberally with powdered sugar and garnish the plate with sugared cranberries.
Recipe by, PCC Chef