PCC Walnut Beet Salad
- 3 pounds beets Add to list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup walnut oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnuts Add to list
- 3/4 bunch green onions, sliced Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into thin half-moons Add to list
Steam or boil beets until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Slip off skins under cool, running water while beets are still warm. Cut off root and stem ends. Cool in refrigerator.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and oil until dressing is blended.
Cut cooled, peeled beets into 1-inch wedges, preserving their round shape. Toss with dressing.
To toast walnuts, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread nuts on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool. Roughly chop toasted walnuts.
Add walnuts, green onions and red onions to dressed beats; toss to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!