PCC Vegetarian Chili
Yield: About 10 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 3 ribs celery, chopped Add to list
- 2 cups diced carrots (dice to size of kidney beans) Add to list
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions Add to list
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 24 ounces diced tomatoes Add to list
- 3 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 3 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add oil, celery, carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, chili powder and salt. Sauté until veggies are soft, 8 to 12 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and beans. Cook 30 minutes to fully combine chili, adding water if necessary, but remember this is chili, not a soup, so it should be fairly thick. Finish with cilantro.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!