PCC Vegetarian Chili
Yield: About 10 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 3 ribs celery, chopped Add to list
- 2 cups diced carrots (dice to size of kidney beans) Add to list
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions Add to list
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 24 ounces diced tomatoes Add to list
- 3 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 3 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add oil, celery, carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, chili powder and salt and sauté until veggies are soft, about 8 to 12 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and beans. Cook 30 minutes to fully combine chili, adding water if necessary, but remember this is chili, not a soup, so it should be fairly thick. Finish with cilantro.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »