PCC Vegetable Soup
Yield: 2 quarts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 1 cup diced carrots Add to list
- 3 celery ribs, diced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dill weed Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas Add to list
- 3/4 cup 1-inch pieces of green beans Add to list
- 12 ounces canned diced tomatoes Add to list
- 4 cups water Add to list
- 1 cup tomato sauce Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into rounds Add to list
- 1/4 pound white mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 pounds frozen spinach Add to list
In large, heavy-bottomed soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bell pepper and spices until onions are soft, about 8 to 12 minutes.
Add corn, peas, green beans, tomatoes and water to cover.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat.
Add tomato sauce, zucchini, mushrooms and spinach and let sit for 20 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »