PCC Tuscan Turkey Loaf
Yield: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots Add to list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley Add to list
- Pinch of crushed red chili pepper Add to list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons PCC Barbecue Sauce Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Grind oats in a food processor until they’re roughly chopped. Combine oats, turkey, vegetables and spices in a large bowl; mix well. Form turkey mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Spread 1/2 of the Barbecue Sauce on top of the turkey loaf. Bake the loaf in the oven until the internal temperature taken with an instant read thermometer reaches 165° F, about 1 hour. Top meatloaf with remaining Barbecue Sauce and bake for 10 more minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!