PCC Turkey Mushroom Barley Soup
Yield: About 10 cups
- 1 pound turkey meat, cooked Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 3 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 4 cups PCC Turkey Stock Add to list
- 2 cups mushroom broth Add to list
- 1/2 cup pearled barley Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas Add to list
- 1 tablespoons tamari Add to list
Pick meat from turkey and set aside. Make stock out of turkey bones.
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add oil, onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme; sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
Add turkey stock and mushroom broth and bring to a boil. Stir in barley and simmer until barley has bloomed, 25 to 30 minutes.
Add peas, turkey and tamari and mix to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!