PCC Turkey Mushroom Barley Soup
Yield: About 10 cups
- 1 1/8 pounds turkey meat, cooked Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 3 ribs celery, diced Add to list
- 3/4 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme Add to list
- 4 cups PCC Turkey Stock Add to list
- 6 cups mushroom broth Add to list
- 3/4 cup pearled barley Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas Add to list
- Add to list
Pick meat from turkey and set aside. Make stock out of turkey bones.
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat for about two minutes. Add oil, onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms and spices and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
Add stock and mushroom broth and bring to a boil. Stir in barley and simmer until barley has bloomed, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Add peas, turkey and tamari and mix to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!