PCC Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serves: 2 to 4
- 1/3 pound linguini pasta Add to list
- 1 cup 2% milk Add to list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 3/4 cup sliced white mushrooms Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1/2 red pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour Add to list
- 8 ounces albacore tuna, well drained Add to list
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream Add to list
Cook linguini in ample water according to package directions until al dente. Cool.
Warm milk over medium-low heat.
Heat butter over medium heat and add mushrooms, onion, celery, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat and whisk in flour, stirring well, for 5 to 10 minutes. Add heated milk and whisk well on low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thickened.
Add tuna, pasta, green peas and sour cream.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!