PCC Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serves: 2 to 4
- 1/3 pound linguini pasta Add to list
- 1 cup 2% milk Add to list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 3/4 cup sliced white mushrooms Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1/2 red pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour Add to list
- 8 ounces albacore tuna, well drained Add to list
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream Add to list
Cook linguini in ample water according to package directions until al dente. Cool.
Warm milk over medium-low heat.
Heat butter over medium heat and add mushrooms, onion, celery, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat and whisk in flour, stirring well, for 5 to 10 minutes. Add heated milk and whisk well on low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thickened.
Add tuna, pasta, green peas and sour cream.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »