PCC Tomato Quinoa Soup
Yield: Makes about 3 quarts
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, diced Add to list
- 2 stalks celery, diced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 4 cups water Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, celery, thyme, basil and marjoram until softened, about 5 minutes. Add quinoa and cook, stirring often, for 5 more minutes. Stir in water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »