PCC Tomato Quinoa Soup
Yield: Makes about 3 quarts
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, diced Add to list
- 2 stalks celery, diced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 4 cups water Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, celery, thyme, basil and marjoram until softened, about 5 minutes. Add quinoa and cook, stirring often, for 5 more minutes. Stir in water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!