PCC Tofu Scramble
Serves: 6 to 8
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes Add to list
- 2 pounds extra-firm tofu Add to list
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Vegenaise Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried chives Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 pound (about 4) Roma tomatoes, diced Add to list
- 1 bunch green onions, diagonally sliced Add to list
- 1/4 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds (see note) Add to list
Steam or boil potatoes until fully tender, at least 15 minutes. Rinse to cool.
Drain and rinse tofu and crumble it into a large bowl.
Whisk together Vegenaise, Dijon, turmeric, chives, salt and pepper until dressing is blended. Mash tofu and dressing together well using gloved hands.
Gently mix the potatoes, tomatoes, green onions, parsley and sunflower seeds into the dressed tofu.
To toast sunflower seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!