PCC Tofu Egg Salad
- 7 tablespoons sunflower seeds Add to list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Vegenaise Add to list
- 1/4 cup sweet relish Add to list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 teaspoons white miso Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons nutritional yeast Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 pound extra firm tofu Add to list
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 bunch green onions, finely sliced Add to list
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
To toast sunflower seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk together Vegenaise, relish, vinegar, mustard, miso, nutritional yeast, tumeric, dill, salt and pepper until dressing is blended.
Drain and rinse tofu. Crumble it into a large bowl and mix with dressing using hands. (A food processor will overmix the tofu.)
Add parsley, green onions, carrots, red pepper, celery and sunflower seeds; toss to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »