PCC Tofu Egg Salad
- 7 tablespoons sunflower seeds Add to list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Vegenaise Add to list
- 1/4 cup sweet relish Add to list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 teaspoons white miso Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons nutritional yeast Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 pound extra firm tofu Add to list
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 bunch green onions, finely sliced Add to list
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1 cup diced celery Add to list
To toast sunflower seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk together Vegenaise, relish, vinegar, mustard, miso, nutritional yeast, tumeric, dill, salt and pepper until dressing is blended.
Drain and rinse tofu. Crumble it into a large bowl and mix with dressing using hands. (A food processor will overmix the tofu.)
Add parsley, green onions, carrots, red pepper, celery and sunflower seeds; toss to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!