PCC Tofu Cutlets
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup whole spelt flour Add to list
- 1/4 cup barley flour Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- Pinch of crushed red pepper Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 pounds extra-firm tofu Add to list
- 6 tablespoons tamari Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
Combine spelt flour, barley flour, herbs, spices, salt and pepper in a dish; set aside.
Slice tofu crosswise into 5 slices per piece. Make sure that the pieces are thin so that they can absorb the flavor from the coating.
Dip the tofu in the tamari then coat with the flour mixture. Place seasoned tofu pieces on the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced so the pieces do not touch. Drizzle with a bit more oil over the top.
Bake until brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!