PCC Tiger Mountain Turkey Chili
Yield: 2 quarts
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey Add to list
- Cooking oil spray Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 2 green bell peppers, diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper Add to list
- 24 ounces crushed tomatoes Add to list
- 24 ounces tomato sauce Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 4 cups water Add to list
- 24 ounces canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
In a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot, cook ground turkey over medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and to break the turkey into smaller pieces. (Lightly spraying with oil and salting the bottom of the pan also will help prevent sticking.) When turkey is cooked, drain off and discard all fat and liquid.
Add onion, bell peppers, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until veggies have slightly softened.
Remove from heat and stir in kidney beans and brown sugar. Add pepper, to taste.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!