PCC Thai Peanut Chicken Soup
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion Add to list
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chilies Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger Add to list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup basmati rice Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cooked and cubed Add to list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried chives Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest Add to list
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, chilies, ginger, curry, turmeric, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook until onions are soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock, coconut milk and basmati rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in chicken breasts, peanut butter, lime juice, dried chives and lime zest; heat through.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »