PCC Thai Peanut Chicken Soup
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion Add to list
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chilies Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger Add to list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup basmati rice Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cooked and cubed Add to list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried chives Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest Add to list
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, chilies, ginger, curry, turmeric, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook until onions are soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock, coconut milk and basmati rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in chicken breasts, peanut butter, lime juice, dried chives and lime zest; heat through.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!