PCC Thai-glazed Salmon
The omega-3 fatty acids provided in salmon are used directly by our bodies to reduce inflammation; since inflammation is one of the biggest predictors of heart disease, this fish is an excellent heart-healthy choice.
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce Add to list
- 2 teaspoons honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry (optional) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/3 cup Thai Kitchen sweet chili sauce Add to list
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely minced ginger Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet Add to list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lime zest Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine in a bowl tamari, honey, sherry (if using), lime juice, sweet chili sauce, ginger, garlic, chili flakes and paprika in a bowl. Whisk well.
Cut salmon into 4 evenly sized pieces.
Lightly oil a baking dish. Brush the skin side of each salmon piece with a bit of the sauce. Place the salmon pieces skin-side down in the dish. Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the top of each salmon piece. Bake until cooked firm throughout, about 12 minutes.
Garnish each piece of salmon with green onions and lime zest and serve.
Each serving: 380cal, 3g fat (3g sat), 105mg chol, 890mg sodium, 14g carb, 1g fiber, 35g protein
Make it a meal
Round out your meal with help from the PCC Deli. These two salads will pair nicely with the salmon, and don’t forget dessert for a sweet ending.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!