PCC Thai Curry Peanut Vegetable Soup
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup basmati rice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil Add to list
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms Add to list
- 1 cup diced onion Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced carrots Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried chives Add to list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 3 cups mushroom broth Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk Add to list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1 cup broccoli florets Add to list
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter Add to list
Rinse basmati rice with cold water until the water runs clear. Place rice in a small saucepan and cover with 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
In a large soup pot heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, chives, curry powder, turmeric, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add mushroom broth and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Stir in cooked rice, lime juice, tamari sauce and broccoli florets; reduce heat to a simmer.
Remove 1/4 cup hot broth from the pot and stir into peanut butter to create a smooth, runny mixture. Stir peanut butter mixture back into the soup and continue cooking until broccoli is tender.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »