PCC Split Pea Soup
Yield: 3 quarts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 4 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 6 celery ribs, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 3 cups dried green split peas Add to list
- 6 cups water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon Add to list
In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper until onions are translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add split peas and water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until peas are broken down into a creamy state, about 90 minutes.
Stir in seasonings before serving.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!