PCC Split Pea Soup
Yield: 3 quarts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 4 medium carrots, diced Add to list
- 6 celery ribs, diced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 3 cups dried green split peas Add to list
- 6 cups water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon Add to list
In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper until onions are translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add split peas and water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until peas are broken down into a creamy state, about 90 minutes.
Stir in seasonings before serving.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »