PCC Split Pea and Ham Soup
Yield: 10 cups
- 1 3/4 cups green split peas Add to list
- 6 cups water Add to list
- 1 pound ham, cubed Add to list
- 2 ribs celery, chopped Add to list
- 2 carrots, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon Add to list
In a large soup pot, add split peas and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
Add ham, celery, carrots, onion, garlic and spices and simmer until peas are very tender, about 30 minutes.
Also check out our meatless version.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »