PCC Spicy Thai Party Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted Add to list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes Add to list
- 4 cups Health Valley Rice Crunch-Ems cereal Add to list
- 4 cups Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins cereal Add to list
- 1 cup Thai Curry Cashews (bin #1840) Add to list
Mix together the melted coconut oil, curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and basil in a measuring cup. Place the coconut flakes, cereal and cashews in a large, sealable bag. Pour in the coconut oil mixture, seal the bag securely, and shake until everything is evenly coated.
Pour the mix from the bag into an open roasting pan. Bake at 250° F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Microwave method: Pour the mix from the bag into a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
Cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by, PCC staff