PCC Spicy Gingered Collards
- 2 pounds collard greens Add to list
- 1 quart water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
- 2 cups chopped red onion (about 2 medium) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 3 Anaheim chiles, julienned Add to list
Wash collard greens. Remove thick stems and any discolored parts. Place greens in a pot with water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain (reserving cooking liquid) and chop the greens.
In a large pot, sautÃ© onions in oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Add garlic, ginger, pepper, chopped greens and reserved cooking liquid. Cook uncovered until almost dry. Add Anaheim chiles and cook another 5 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!