PCC Spicy Gingered Collards
- 2 pounds collard greens Add to list
- 1 quart water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
- 2 cups chopped red onion (about 2 medium) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 3 Anaheim chiles, julienned Add to list
Wash collard greens. Remove thick stems and any discolored parts. Place greens in a pot with water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain (reserving cooking liquid) and chop the greens.
In a large pot, sauté onions in oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Add garlic, ginger, pepper, chopped greens and reserved cooking liquid. Cook uncovered until almost dry. Add Anaheim chiles and cook another 5 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!