PCC Southwest Corn Pudding
A customer favorite at the PCC deli, this eggy pudding is sure to please!
- 4 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed, divided Add to list
- 1 cup safflower oil Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites Add to list
- 2 cups nonfat quark Add to list
- 1 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 1 1/4 pounds pepper jack cheese, shredded Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups canned diced green chiles Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
Preheat oven to 325º F. Lightly oil a casserole dish.
In a food processor, blend 2 cups corn with oil and egg whites until smooth.
In a large bowl, mix together remaining 2 cups corn, quark, cornmeal, cheese, chiles and salt. Stir in corn-egg mixture from the food processor.
Transfer to the casserole dish and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!