PCC Southwest Chicken Salad
Serves: 8 to 10
- Cooking spray Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts Add to list
- 1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes Add to list
- 1/4 cup hot water Add to list
- 1 cup mayonnaise Add to list
- 1/4 cup neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1/2 cup canned diced green chiles Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly spray with cooking oil.
Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through (the internal temperature should read 165° F when taken with an instant read thermometer), 20 to 30 minutes. Cool. Dice chicken when cool enough to handle.
Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes in the hot water until soft; drain excess liquid.
In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, oil, lime juice, salt, chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin and coriander to make the dressing. Combine dressing with diced chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, vegetables, cilantro and green chiles. Mix well.
Use leftover baked or grilled chicken in this recipe and forgo having to cook chicken.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!