PCC Sockeye Classic Lox with Bagels, Dill and Capers
Our PCC Sockeye Classic Lox is cold-smoked using our own recipe. It is moist, silky and gem-toned, full of briny, sweet flavor. This style of smoked salmon is delicious simply piled on a cracker or folded into dips, but the multi-textured and colorful appeal of this dish gives it a delightful stage on which to really shine!
- 1 (4 ounce) package PCC Sockeye Classic Lox Add to list
- 4 bagels (your favorite flavor) Add to list
- 1/2 cup your choice of the following: cream cheese, hummus, fresh chèvre Add to list
- 12 rings red onion Add to list
- 8 sprigs fresh dill Add to list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained Add to list
- Cracked black pepper Add to list
- Additional options for garnish (see note) Add to list
Separate lox into individual slices. Split bagels and toast. Spread the bottom halves of bagels with a layer of cream cheese, hummus or chèvre and divide salmon over the top of the spread. Arrange onions, dill sprigs and capers on top of salmon. Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Arrange bagels on a serving platter; place the top halves of the bagels on at a rakish angle. (You may spread cream cheese, hummus or chèvre on the top halves as well, if you like.)
Serve a separate platter with lemon wedges, additional dill and any other garnish you would like and let your guests custom design to their hearts’ delight.
Additional options for garnish
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired February 1, 2012.