PCC Smoky Tex-Mex Party Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted Add to list
- 1/4 cup ketchup Add to list
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon mild cayenne, or to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes Add to list
- 4 cups Health Valley Corn Crunch-Ems cereal Add to list
- 1 bag Little Bear Extra Cheddar Crunchitos Add to list
- 1 bag Garden of Eatin' Mini White Strips Add to list
- 1 cup hickory smoked almonds (bin #3426) Add to list
- 1 cup Spicy Punks (bin #1749) Add to list
Mix together the melted butter, ketchup, tamari, spices and onion flakes in a measuring cup. Put the cereal, Crunchitos, White Strips, nuts and seeds in a large, sealable bag. Pour in the butter mixture, seal the bag securely, and shake until everything is evenly coated.
Pour the mix from the bag into an open roasting pan. Bake at 250° F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Microwave method: Pour the mix from the bag into a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
Cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by, PCC staff