PCC Sesame Quinoa with Edamame
Serves: 16 side portions
This recipe makes a party-size batch: about 16 side portions. You may cut it in half for a family meal or just enjoy the leftovers.
- 2 cups organic quinoa Add to list
- 1 pound frozen organic edamame (soybeans) Add to list
- 1/2 ounce arame seaweed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds Add to list
- 1/3 cup sesame oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced organic garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced organic fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/3 cup brown rice vinegar Add to list
- 1/3 cup tamari Add to list
Boil 3 cups water; add quinoa. Bring back to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to sit covered until water is absorbed, stir to fluff.
Steam edamame for 2 minutes to thaw. Let cool.
Soak arame for 20 minutes to hydrate. Drain well.
Toast sesame seeds in 300° F oven for 3 to 4 minutes. When ingredients have cooled, mix together quinoa, arame, edamame and sesame seeds.
Heat sesame oil with garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes for a few minutes and then pour over quinoa mixture. Add rice vinegar and tamari, mix well and serve.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!