PCC Sesame Quinoa with Edamame
Serves: 16 side portions
This recipe makes a party-size batch: about 16 side portions. You may cut it in half for a family meal or just enjoy the leftovers.
- 1/2 ounce arame seaweed Add to list
- 2 cups quinoa Add to list
- 1 pound frozen edamame (soybeans) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds Add to list
- 1/3 cup sesame oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/3 cup brown rice vinegar Add to list
- 1/3 cup tamari Add to list
Soak arame for 20 minutes to hydrate; drain well.
Boil 3 cups water; add quinoa. Bring back to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to sit covered until water is absorbed, stir to fluff.
Steam edamame for 2 minutes to thaw; let cool.
Toast sesame seeds in a dry sauté pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. When ingredients have cooled, mix together quinoa, arame, edamame and sesame seeds.
Heat sesame oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes for a few minutes in a sauté pan over medium heat; pour over quinoa mixture. Add rice vinegar and tamari; mix well and serve.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »