PCC Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, quartered Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes Add to list
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) crumbled feta cheese Add to list
- 2 ounces fresh basil, coarsely chopped Add to list
Preheat oven to 500° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss Roma tomatoes with a little oil and salt. Roast on the prepared baking sheet until somewhat blackened, about 20 minutes.
Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid and set tomatoes aside.
Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Sauté garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt in remaining oil over medium heat. Cook garlic until almost brown; cool.
Mix 1/2 cup cool water with rehydrated sundried tomatoes and stir well to release the color. Toss together pasta, sundried tomatoes and water, and garlic oil in a large bowl. Mix well to color the pasta. Gently fold in feta cheese, basil and roasted tomatoes.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »