PCC Rainbow Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
A PCC classic. Make this dish at home or find it fully prepared in the PCC Deli.
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds Add to list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
- 1 carrot, shredded Add to list
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and 1/4-inch diced Add to list
- 1 yellow crookneck or sunburst squash, 1/4-inch diced Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and 1/4-inch diced Add to list
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage, soaked in cold water briefly and drained Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/3 cup diced red onion Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint Add to list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Soak sunflower seeds in 3 cups water for 1 hour. Drain well.
Toss remaining ingredients with drained sunflower seeds.
Each serving: 220 cal, 17g fat (0.5 g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 12g carb, 4.5g fiber, 3g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!