PCC Rainbow Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
A PCC classic. Make this dish at home or find it fully prepared in the PCC Deli.
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds Add to list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
- 1 carrot, shredded Add to list
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and 1/4-inch diced Add to list
- 1 yellow crookneck or sunburst squash, 1/4-inch diced Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and 1/4-inch diced Add to list
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage, soaked in cold water briefly and drained Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/3 cup diced red onion Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint Add to list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Soak sunflower seeds in 3 cups water for 1 hour. Drain well.
Toss remaining ingredients with drained sunflower seeds.
Each serving: 220 cal, 17g fat (0.5 g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 12g carb, 4.5g fiber, 3g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »