PCC Rainbow Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
A PCC classic. Make this dish at home or find it fully prepared in the PCC Deli.
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds Add to list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley Add to list
- 1 carrot Add to list
- 1 cucumber Add to list
- 1 yellow crookneck or sunburst squash Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper Add to list
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/3 cup diced red onion Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint Add to list
- 1 lemon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Soak sunflower seeds in 3 cups of water for 1 hour. Drain well.
Finely chop the parsley and shred the carrot. Peel, seed and dice the cucumber into 1/4-inch pieces. Dice the yellow squash and the bell pepper into 1/4-inch pieces. Briefly soak the red cabbage in cold water to prevent staining. Zest and juice the lemon.
Toss all the vegetables with the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Each serving: 220 cal, 17g fat (0.5 g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 12g carb, 4.5g fiber, 3g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!