PCC Quinoa Tabouli
Serves: 6 to 8
A delightful blend of hearty, protein-rich quinoa, garden-fresh vegetables and fragrant mint, just right to take along to your next potluck or picnic.
- 1 1/2 cups organic red quinoa Add to list
- 2 1/3 cups water Add to list
- 1 organic cucumber Add to list
- 3 organic Roma tomatoes Add to list
- 1/2 bunch organic green onion Add to list
- 2 tablespoons organic fresh mint Add to list
- 1/2 bunch organic cilantro Add to list
- 1/3 cup organic lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon organic minced or crushed garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon organic dried mint Add to list
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil Add to list
Rinse quinoa in cold water in a fine mesh colander and let drain well.
Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, and bring to a full rolling boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer; simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let the quinoa slowly finish for another 10 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator.
Peel and dice cucumber, removing the seeds. Dice tomatoes. Thinly slice green onions. Chiffonade fresh mint and coarsely chop cilantro.
In a bowl mix together lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, dried mint and olive oil.
When the quinoa has cooled, toss with cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, mint, cilantro and dressing.
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired on April 14, 2010.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »