PCC Quinoa Tabouli
Serves: 6 to 8
A delightful blend of hearty, protein-rich quinoa, garden-fresh vegetables and fragrant mint, just right to take along to your next potluck or picnic.
- 1 1/2 cups red quinoa Add to list
- 2 1/3 cups water Add to list
- 1/3 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried mint Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced Add to list
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, cut into ribbons Add to list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped Add to list
Rinse quinoa in cold water in a fine mesh colander and let drain well.
Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, and bring to a full rolling boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer; simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let quinoa slowly finish cooking for another 10 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator.
In a bowl mix together lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, dried mint and olive oil.
When quinoa has cooled, toss with cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, mint, cilantro and dressing.
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired on April 14, 2010.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!