PCC Quinoa Tabouli
Serves: 6 to 8
A delightful blend of hearty, protein-rich quinoa, garden-fresh vegetables and fragrant mint, just right to take along to your next potluck or picnic.
- 1 1/2 cups red quinoa Add to list
- 2 1/3 cups water Add to list
- 1/3 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried mint Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced Add to list
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, cut into ribbons Add to list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped Add to list
Rinse quinoa in cold water in a fine mesh colander and let drain well.
Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, and bring to a full rolling boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer; simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let quinoa slowly finish cooking for another 10 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator.
In a bowl mix together lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, dried mint and olive oil.
When quinoa has cooled, toss with cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, mint, cilantro and dressing.
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired on April 14, 2010.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »