PCC Pesto Tortellini
- 2 1/2 pounds three-cheese, tricolor tortellini (available in PCC's bulk department) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Add to list
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, roughly chopped Add to list
- 2 red bell peppers. seeded and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese Add to list
Boil tortellini in ample salted water according to instructions on package, or 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse to cool.
In a food processor, blend pesto, garlic, lemon juice and chili flakes; then slowly add oil while the machine is running until dressing is emulsified. Toss with cooled tortellini.
Toss parsley, red peppers and Parmesan into dressed pasta.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »