PCC Pepita Rice
- 3 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 2 cups basmati rice Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 pound toasted pumpkin seeds (see note) Add to list
- 3/4 cup currants Add to list
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped Add to list
Combine water, salt, pepper, coriander, allspice, fennel seeds and curry powder in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add rice and simmer until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff in a large bowl with oil and allow to cool.
Add pumpkin seeds, currants and parsley. Mix well.
To toast pumpkin seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »