PCC Pepita Rice
- 3 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 2 cups basmati rice Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 pound toasted pumpkin seeds (see note) Add to list
- 3/4 cup currants Add to list
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped Add to list
Combine water, salt, pepper, coriander, allspice, fennel seeds and curry powder in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add rice and simmer until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff in a large bowl with oil and allow to cool.
Add pumpkin seeds, currants and parsley. Mix well.
To toast pumpkin seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!