PCC Party Mix
This recipe is:
This crowd-pleasing mix is guaranteed to be gobbled by the handful. It's a delicious wheat-free version of the tried-and-true favorite, made naturally with rice and peanut butter cereal, wheat-free pretzels and an assortment of nuts.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted Add to list
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Wizard's vegetarian wheat-free Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon Spike seasoning Add to list
- 4 cups Health Valley Rice Crunch ‘Ems cereal Add to list
- 4 cups Nature's Path Panda Puffs Cereal (or any peanut butter cereal) Add to list
- 1 cup roasted salted mixed nuts, available in PCC's bulk department Add to list
- 1 bag Newman's spelt pretzels Add to list
Mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce and spices in a small bowl. Put the cereal, nuts and pretzels in a large zip-lock bag. Pour in the butter mixture, seal the bag securely and shake until everything is evenly coated.
Microwave method: Pour the mix from the bag into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
Oven method: Pour the mix from the bag into an open roasting pan. Bake at 250º F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by, PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer December 2004