PCC Parmesan Mixed Vegetables
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions (see note) Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets Add to list
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets Add to list
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced at angle into ovals Add to list
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Puree caramelized onions in a food processor and slowly drizzle in oil. Toss vegetables with onion and oil mixture, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper until well coated.
Roast for 6 to 10 minutes until brown but still firm.
To caramelize onions, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat until hot, add sliced onions and let sauté for about 3 minutes without stirring. Continue to sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to slowly sauté, stirring about once a minute until the onions are soft and brown. This process can take 15 to 45 minutes depending on desired darkness of onions.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!