PCC Parmesan Mixed Vegetables
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions (see note) Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets Add to list
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets Add to list
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced at angle into ovals Add to list
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Puree caramelized onions in a food processor and slowly drizzle in oil. Toss vegetables with onion and oil mixture, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper until well coated.
Roast for 6 to 10 minutes until brown but still firm.
To caramelize onions, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat until hot, add sliced onions and let sauté for about 3 minutes without stirring. Continue to sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to slowly sauté, stirring about once a minute until the onions are soft and brown. This process can take 15 to 45 minutes depending on desired darkness of onions.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »