PCC Moroccan Yam Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 pounds organic yams Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, divided Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds Add to list
Preheat oven to 425Â° F.
Cut the yams into wedges (do not peel) and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven on a baking sheet until tender, about 15 minutes.
To make the dressing, combine garlic, lemon juice and remaining cumin, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining oil; stir in parsley and cilantro.
Gently combine the yams with the dressing and top with sliced almonds.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »