PCC Moroccan Yam Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 1/2 pounds yams Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, divided Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Cut the yams into wedges (do not peel) and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven on a baking sheet until tender, about 15 minutes.
To make the dressing, combine garlic, lemon juice and remaining cumin, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining oil; stir in parsley and cilantro.
Gently combine the yams with the dressing and top with sliced almonds.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!