PCC Moroccan Eggplant
- 1 pound eggplant, diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 4 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil, divided Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried mint Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed Add to list
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Toss eggplant with 3 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until darkened around the edges, but not too soft or burnt, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, sugar, paprika, lemon zest, dried mint, cumin, coriander, garlic, cinnamon and cayenne.
Gently toss the seasoning mixture with the eggplant, chickpeas, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and fresh mint.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »