PCC Methow Valley Salad
- 1/2 cup farro Add to list
- 1 cup water Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup basil oil Add to list
- 1/4 pound roma tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut at an angle into 1/2-inch, half-moon chunks Add to list
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 1/3 pound chard and kale mix (equal parts green kale, red kale and red chard, stems removed, cut into 1-inch pieces) Add to list
Soak farro in water overnight. Bring water, pre-soaked farro and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slowly at room temperature. Do not rinse. When cooled, place in a large bowl and refrigerate.
Mix together lemon juice, garlic, dill, basil, remaining salt, pepper, and both oils until dressing is blended. Toss dressing with grain, tomatoes, cucumber and carrots.
To serve, toss equal parts farro-vegetable mixture and loosely packed greens in a bowl.
Each serving: 231 cal, 10.1g fat (1.3g sat), 0mg chol, 63mg sodium, 31.9g carb, 5.1g fiber, 6.8g protein
Make it a meal
Complete your meal with these dishes selected by our deli to complement the flavors of the salad.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!