PCC Marinated Kale, Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 (6-ounce) packages mixed sea vegetables Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil Add to list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon brown sesame seeds Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch purple kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into very thin rounds Add to list
Soak sea vegetables in ample water for at least 30 minutes; drain and rinse.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice and tamari in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils to emulsify; stir in the sesame seeds and crushed red pepper.
To prepare the salad, combine the drained sea vegetables, kale, cucumber rounds and dressing in a large bowl; toss to coat well.
Recipe by, PCC Deli
Source: 2014 PCC annual meeting dinner
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!