PCC Marinated Kale, Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 (6-ounce) packages mixed sea vegetables Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil Add to list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon brown sesame seeds Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch purple kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into very thin rounds Add to list
Soak sea vegetables in ample water for at least 30 minutes; drain and rinse.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice and tamari in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils to emulsify; stir in the sesame seeds and crushed red pepper.
To prepare the salad, combine the drained sea vegetables, kale, cucumber rounds and dressing in a large bowl; toss to coat well.
Recipe by, PCC Deli
Source: 2014 PCC annual meeting dinner
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »