PCC Marinara Fresca
Yield: Makes about 12 cups sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 bunch fresh basil, chopped Add to list
- 6 1/2 pounds tomatoes, crushed Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Puree with blender.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!