PCC Marinara Fresca
Yield: Makes about 12 cups sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 bunch fresh basil, chopped Add to list
- 6 1/2 pounds tomatoes, crushed Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Puree with blender.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »