PCC Maple-glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Bake
- 6 pounds yams Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon Add to list
- Pinch of ground nutmeg Add to list
- Pinch of ground allspice Add to list
- 3 cups diced apple Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Peel yams and dice into 2-inch pieces. Steam for 15 minutes and sprinkle with salt. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine maple syrup, butter, orange juice and spices in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until butter melts and mixture bubbles.
Combine cooled yams, apples and walnuts and place in a greased 9- by 13-inch casserole dish. Drizzle with maple syrup mixture and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and bake for 15 minutes more, until golden brown.
Each serving: 460cal, 22g fat (6g sat), 20mg chol, 360mg sodium, 65g carb, 7g fiber, 6g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!