PCC Maple-glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Bake
- 6 pounds yams Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter Add to list
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice Add to list
- 3 cups diced apple Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Peel the yams and dice into 2-inch pieces. Steam them for 15 minutes and sprinkle with salt. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine the syrup, butter, orange juice and spices in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the butter melts and the mixture bubbles.
Combine cooled yams, apples and walnuts and place in a greased 9- by 13-inch casserole dish. Drizzle with the maple syrup mixture and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and bake for 15 minutes more, until golden brown.
Each serving: 460cal, 22g fat (6g sat), 20mg chol, 360mg sodium, 65g carb, 7g fiber, 6g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »