PCC Kaleidoscope Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
Eat a rainbow! A colorful diet offers a wide variety of antioxidants for fighting free radicals. Studies show improvements in health are cumulative after a period of time, so eat a rainbow regularly!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 or 4 golden beets Add to list
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and cut into wedges Add to list
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and cut into wedges Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
To make dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Scrub beets clean and place in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover with a loose-fitting lid and cook until easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Allow the beets to cool slightly then slip off skins under cool running water. Remove root and stem ends and cut into 1-inch wedges.
Place carrots in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover with a loose-fitting lid and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and cool.
Toss dressing, beets, carrots, cucumber and cilantro together in a bowl.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »